Have you ever considered wanting to work in a position that allows you to use your accounting experience at work that really matters? Do you love helping people and want more fulfilment in the work you are doing?
We need someone to mentor and manage our existing staff of bookkeepers and help support our rapidly growing firm.
If you are interested in being part of a fast-growing firm committed to thinking outside of the box, helping clients find solutions, and helping us be an innovative firm of thefuture, keep reading.
- The Accounts Director encompasses several different roles internally and externally.
- He/she will oversee and handle the day-to-day operations of our entire bookkeeping staff. Advanced accounting knowledge specifically in relation to IT Staffing companies, technology savviness and experience working with small business owners are a necessity.
- True success comes from a successful team. Experience working with a team in a modern office is required.
- Must be tech savvy and willing to invest time and energy into building the best team, creating the best talent, developing the best accounting processes, and providing the best service to our clients. Responsibilities and duties.
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage a team of bookkeepers.
- Oversee the accounting operations of clients, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee end-to-end payroll process in a timely manner, knowledge on issuing W2/1099s and 941/940 corrections.
- Timely completion and presentation of financial statements.
- Preparation of the corporate annual reports.
- Recommend benchmarks against which measure the performance of company operations.
- Prepare and present the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Provide technical and social support to the team while developing each staff member to their full potential and efficiency.
- Professional development of bookkeepers. Regularly evaluate each employee and provide feedback to the company CEO.
- Analyze and manage client profitability. Report feedback to company CEO.
- Research and continue education in all areas of accounting and technology used internally and by clients.
- Perform bookkeeping services as needed for multiple complex clients or clients in transition.
- Support on-boarding of new clients to ensure adequate support to the primary bookkeeper.
- Onboard new employees and ensure their successful transition to the company.
- Interview candidates for new positions.
- Co-lead staff meetings and training.
- Support other areas of company such as sales, HR and admin as needed to continue to develop infrastructures of the company.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or
- Equivalent business experience and 15years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
You need to have...
- Have a passion for working with business owners. You are committed to finding the best solutions to the problems to keep costs low and quality high; so that our clients can keep their focus on what really matters -their mission.
- Passion for developing people and creating a culture of respect and hard work. You refuse to accept someone not pulling their weight on the team or failing to deliver their best to our clients.
- Enjoy working with clients. You refuse to be bitter with clients and their requests because you recognize they have problems, and they hire us to find the solutions.
- You are okay with requesting and discussing financial information with clients.
- You don’t have to know everything you are going to be assigned. You do have to be committed to researching, being resourceful, asking questions, and anything else to find the answer.
Add Your Info Below
Enter your details in the form below